Monday, March 10, 2008

No More Laughter

Shine on my little girl by Shutterhack
Found this lovely photo on Flickr. The girl in the photo isn't the subject of this poem, but are any of the hurting victims of sexual abuse out there any less beautiful.

I heard her voice every single day, laughing.
Rich bubbly sounds of pure emotion unsoiled by mature thoughts
Of cynicism.
When she laughs, it is a true
Sincere feeling.
I wish I could laugh like that… again.

I heard her voice every single night, laughing
Ringing peals of joyous delight unscarred by mature experiences
Of unfaithfulness.
When she laughs, she knows
Safety and peace of mind.
I wish I could laugh like that… again.

I heard her voice each and every day, laughing
Harmonious sounds of welcome untainted by mature doubts
Of motives
When she laughs, she trusts
Enjoyable people are here to play.
I wish could laugh like that… again

I heard other voices one dark night, raging
Bitter sounds of disgust charged with mature emotions
Of sympathetic anger
I saw her then, she was hurt
Innocence savagely stolen in the evening.
Now she would never laugh like that… again

4 comments:

Mohd Fadzly Abdul Mubin said...

Thank you for using my photo to be included as past of a presentation in your poem in your blog here. I read a few of your poem and yes your words are so emotionally strong and goes deep in our heart and soul.

I will definitely come back to see more from time to time.

I am said...

Thanks Fadzly, I appreciate it.

mi thots alone said...

cute very cute. is all i can say. profound too.good write up cant be appreciated with words have noticed? or is just me? but i think its ironic, afterall we weaved words and words just refused to praise words adequately.

I am said...

YEAH! That's so true. Sometimes I see a really good poem, article or even a great and uplifting comment and i just feel like I can't properly write or even say how I feel.

Thanks "thots"