Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Free Me?


Woman/Man
Doesn't this image by
*Hugo* eloquently express our need to free both sexes without judging either? Can anyone tell what time it is? Time to act?

If I could switch to the other side

Of the sexual divide?

If I could be one of them;

One of those who have tried

To understand my kind

What then?



If I could awake as a woman

And mother a man

If I could be one of them;

One of those who have tried

To educate my kind

What then?



Would I empathize?

Or ruthlessly criticize?

Would I retreat in fear?

At the image of myself

judging myself?

What then?



Would I suppress?

Or viciously repress?

Would I furiously order

that I hide myself,

masking my beauty?

What then?



Would I defy?

Or sadly comply?

Would I passively obey

my unfair balance,

tolerating indignity?

What then?



If I could be them

Or they could me

Could they see?



If I was them?

Or they were me?

Would we see?



Do we see?

Do they see?

Who can see?



Who is the blind?

Whose eyes define

reality?

Who sees the truth?



The sons of superiority?

The daughters of equality?

The children of equity?



Who is free?

Who is bound?



Am I liberated or liberator?

Am I oppressor or oppressed?



Free me…

Free who?

Me? Or me?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi,
its a nice blog u have here.
i guess we all need one form of freedom or the order.
who is free in nigeria?
i pray God rescue us from the shacles of poverty and disease
keep it up, the explorer
clement
http://www.isaak-grelohi.blogspot.com